Have you ever felt as though your life was nothing but a really boring dream? Do you ever feel disconnected from the world around you? Wake up call! Your life may not be aligned with your true purpose. It's time to get re-centered and focused on what matters in your life with the help of Tourmalinated Quartz.
Excited? You should be. Let's dive straight into discovering the many facets of this gemstone's spiritual meaning and properties!
Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal Meaning
Tourmalinated Quartz's meaning centers around protection and unity. Ably deflecting negative energies that sap your strength, this stone also provides a barrier against electromagnetic radiation.
The clarity we gain from this stone's protection helps ground and center us, giving us a sense of oneness with the Earth—no chance of feeling adrift and lost anymore!
Tourmalinated Quartz's properties also extend to the chakras. Brushing away blockages and negative patterns, this stone is an invaluable ally for anyone who feels they're not living their best life.
If you're ever feeling scattered and unfocused, think of Tourmalinated Quartz as your trusty sidekick that helps you get back on track.
Origin and History of Tourmalinated Quartz
Tourmalinated Quartz is exactly as you'd expect: a mix of Quartz and Tourmaline. Predominantly composed of Quartz with inclusions of Tourmaline—with Black Tourmaline being the most common—the Tourmalinated Quartz crystal is currently mined in Brazil, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, and the United States, mainly for jewelry and ornamental purposes.
Crystal healers today who use Tourmalinated Quartz come from a long line of traditions that have employed the stone for centuries. Tourmaline, in particular, was valued by Native Americans and Ancient cultures for its protective energy against negative forces. For many years, Tourmalinated Quartz was used to make beads and other ornaments in ancient Ethiopia, Egypt, and Rome.
Tourmalinated Quartz Benefits
Both Quartz and Tourmaline have powerful energies that work together to create an even more potent stone. The combination of these two minerals results in a crystal with some serious firepower when it comes to deflecting all kinds of negative energy in your life.
Without all the bad juju weighing you down, you'll finally be able to see things more clearly and focus on what feels good to your higher self.
Use Tourmalinated Quartz to:
- Cleanse and purify your energy
- Tap into your hidden psychic abilities
- Sharpen your intuition
- Help calm your mind in highly stressful situations
- Encourage balance and harmony in your life
- Connect with spirit guides, guardians, and other beings in the spiritual realm
Tourmalinated Quartz Uses
Wearing Tourmalinated Quartz Jewelry
Let's be real here.
We can talk about Tourmalinated Quartz's healing properties all we want but, if it were ugly, our ancestors probably wouldn't have bothered with the hard work of finding it, mining it, and incorporating it into their jewelry.
Good thing, then, that Tourmalinated Quartz is nothing short of gorgeous. Our biases may be showing here a bit but there's just something about the inky swirls of Tourmaline set against the sparkling clarity of Quartz that's utterly captivating to you and everyone around you.
That kind of attention can be a bit too much for shy types but with Tourmalinated Quartz's protective energies, you'll be able to deflect any negative thoughts or energy that come your way—allowing you to focus on enjoying the compliments!
Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal at Home
From environmental toxins and electromagnetic radiation to negative thoughts and emotions—all these can seep through the cracks of your aura and leave you feeling drained, scattered, and off-kilter. Bad news for your productivity, mental clarity, and sense of well-being.
By placing a Tourmalinated Quartz crystal in strategic areas of your home, you can create an energetic barrier that protects you and your family from bad vibes that prevent you from doing the things you know you need to do to live your best life.
Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal at Work
At work, your mind is constantly bombarded with information and requests that can leave you feeling frazzled, anxious, and stressed. As if that weren't enough, you also have to deal with office politics and the never-ending stream of negativity from your colleagues.
Introduce a Tourmalinated Quartz crystal into your work environment and let it brush off all the negative energy that's preventing you from putting your best foot forward, so you can focus on being productive and, more importantly, happy.
Meditation with Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal
Tourmalinated Quartz is an excellent guide for spiritually curious journeyers who can't leap because they're afraid of what they might find on the other side. This stone will give you just enough courage to venture out into the unknown while still keeping you tethered to the safety of the known.
Here's how we recommend first-timers use Tourmalinated Quartz for meditation:
- Hold the crystal in your non-dominant hand, feeling its weight and texture. Your eyes should have no trouble staying closed as you become more and more aware of your breath.
- Allow your mind to wander as you focus on your breath. In, out, in, out.
- Once you feel attuned to your breath, start to focus on the crystal in your hand. Visualize the Tourmaline inclusions as tiny whirlpools that draw in all the negative energy around you. See the Quartz as a bright light that surrounds and protects you.
- As negativity clouds start dissipating, you'll find it easier to find an intention or mantra to focus on. Stay with that thought or feeling for as long as you can before slowly coming back to the present moment.
Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal Therapy
As we noted earlier, this stone is a perennial all-star among crystal healers.
Tourmalinated Quartz's ability to zap away negative energy and foster a sense of calm and peace makes it a constant presence in energy therapy treatments like reiki and chakra balancing. We'll go into more detail about the aspects of your life that working with this stone might improve below.
Physical Healing Properties of Tourmalinated Quartz
Tourmalinated Quartz's purifying effects work on the physical body as well as the mind and spirit.
The stone can help to cleanse and detoxify your system, flushing out impurities that might be bogging you down and making you feel less than your best.
It can also help to ease pain and tension by promoting the release of built-up stress in the muscles.
Emotional Healing Properties of Tourmalinated Quartz
Tourmalinated Quartz's energies provide the clarity and courage needed to work through emotionally-charged situations. Releasing deep-seated emotions and traumas, this crystal clears the way for positive change and emotional healing. If you're struggling with anxiety, fear, or stress, Tourmalinated Quartz can help to provide a sense of calm and peace.
Tourmalinated Quartz Metaphysical Properties
On top of this stone's reputation among crystal healers, perhaps its most well-known use is in metaphysical practices like scrying and divination.
Tourmalinated Quartz acts as a two-way antenna, receiving and transmitting energy simultaneously. This opens up more channels for psychic awareness and intuitive understanding, making the stone an excellent tool for anyone interested in delving deeper into their spiritual practice.
Cleansing and Charging Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal
You didn't think all of Tourmalinated Quartz's arsenal of benefits came without any effort on your end, did you?
Like all other crystals, this stone benefits from being cleared of residual energy every so often. That means purging any less-than-positive vibes it's picked up since you last worked with it. Once cleansed, you'll have to replace all that good juju by charging your stone with positive energy.
Don't be intimidated! Let us walk you through it below:
How to Cleanse Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal?
There are hundreds of ways to do this. Let's go over three options that haven't ever failed us:
- Sunlight - Leaving your stone out in direct sunlight for a few hours sears off any lingering negative energy. Depending on how heavily you use your stone, six to eight hours should do the trick.
- Running water - Worried that your Tourmalinated Quartz might be weakened from the last time you used it? Can't wait for sunlight to work its magic before heading out the door? No problem! A quick rinse under running water—five minutes is more than enough—should clear away enough negativity so it can still be useful while you're out and about.
- Smudging - If you're feeling fancy, give your stone a good smudging with sage or Palo Santo before using it—perfect for those who want to cleanse several stones at once!
How to Charge Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal?
As in cleansing, there are many ways to charge crystals. Here are two of our favorites:
- A Tibetan singing bowl - The sounds emitted by these beautiful bowls are said to regenerate your crystal's energy. All you have to do is hold your stone close to the bowl as it's played. Be sure not to stop until the ringing has completely died away!
- Amethyst - All you need to do is place your Tourmalinated Quartz stone on or near an Amethyst cluster for 12-24 hours and you'll have your crystal positively buzzing!
Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal Pairings
Despite its formidable powers, you'll find that Tourmalinated Crystal plays very well with other crystals. Good news for those of us who like to keep our crystal collections nice and varied!
We have a little cheat sheet below to help get you started, but don't be afraid to experiment! The more you work with crystals, the better you'll get at intuitively picking out which stones will work well together.
- Rose Quartz - Tourmalinated Quartz's grounding qualities pair well with the open, loving energy of Rose Quartz. Afraid of opening yourself up to new opportunities in love, work, or creative endeavors? Tourmalinated Quartz can help clear away negative self-talk, so Rose Quartz's gentle energy can get to work.
- Citrine - A happy stone if there ever was one, Citrine is the perfect addition to any collection that needs a little boost of positivity. Its sunny energy helps dissipate any lingering negativity from your Tourmalinated Quartz so you can start each day with a brand new outlook.
- Black Tourmaline - Combining these two stones result in a psychic bodyguard of sorts, warding off any harmful energy while still allowing in the good vibes. Tourmalinated Quartz's divinatory properties are also enhanced when used with Black Tourmaline, making this an ideal pairing for anyone who is just beginning to explore their psychic abilities.
FAQ on Tourmalinated Quartz Crystal
How to use Tourmalinated Quartz?
You can use your crystal however you want! Check our section above for more information on how you can leverage Tourmalinated Quartz's energies to boost your physical and emotional health, elevate your meditation or Yoga practice, and more!
What zodiac sign is Tourmalinated Quartz associated with?
Most zodiac signs benefit from this stone, but Tourmalinated Quartz's balancing properties make it the perfect birthstone for those born under Libra.
Is Tourmalinated Quartz expensive?
It can be. The stone's price ranges widely based on clarity, cut, and carat. Low-end pieces can cost as little as $10 while top-quality specimens can set you back more than $150.
How to clean Tourmalinated Quartz?
Mild soap with some lukewarm water is a surefire way to get your crystal clean without chipping or scratching it.
What does Tourmalinated Quartz do spiritually?
This stone is believed to have a variety of spiritual benefits, from promoting psychic development to enhancing your intuition. Check out our section on the stone's metaphysical properties above for a detailed breakdown!
Which planets are Tourmalinated Quartz associated with?
Pluto and Mars.
What chakra is Tourmalinated Quartz associated with?
The Root chakra.
What colors are Tourmalinated Quartz associated with?
Black and white.
Don't let this stone's imposing skillset fool you—Tourmalinated Quartz is as approachable as crystals come!
Keeping one close by can help to cleanse and purify your energy, promote psychic development, and sharpen your intuition. And because it pairs so well with other stones, you can incorporate it into any collection seamlessly.
We hope this article has given you a better understanding of Tourmalinated Quartz's complex array of meanings and properties!