Free shipping on orders over $75
For centuries, humans have associated certain stones with particular months, believing they foster special energies and bring luck to those born under specific months.
Just as the month's changing seasons bring new life and energy to the earth, so too do birthstones breathe light into our lives—granting us all a deeper understanding of our purpose and place in the world.
Knowing your birthstone is step one in unlocking the metaphysical gifts of the universe. Here is everything you need to know about month birthstones and how each can play a role in helping you become your best self!
- Month Modern Birthstone Traditional birthstone Alternative birthstone
- January Garnet Garnet Amethyst, Emerald
- February Amethyst Amethyst Bloodstone, Aqauamarine
- March Aquamarine Bloodstone Amethyst, Opal
- April Diamond Diamond Sapphire
- May Emerald Emerald Agate
- June Alexandrite Pearl Moonstone
- July Ruby Ruby Carnelian
- August Peridot Sardonyx Spinel
- September Sapphire Sapphire Lapis Lazuli
- October Tourmaline Opal Beryl
- November Citrine Topaz Chrysoprase
- December Tanzanite Turquoise Blue Topaz, Blue Zircon
Birthstones by Month with Meanings
FAQs about Birthstones by Month
No, birthstones by month are gemstones that correspond to a person's birth date in the calendar, while zodiac birthstones are gemstones linked with your star sign.
Birthstones are believed to be determined by ancient cultures and have been associated with certain months for centuries. Over the years, different birthstones have been assigned to each month, and the modern-day list of birthstones is a combination of traditional and alternative stones.
Birthstones can come from all over the world. They are usually mined from areas with robust geology and crystal deposits.
Different cultures have their own set of birthstones, and some months have multiple options to honor this diversity. Additionally, modern-day lists often include alternative stones to give those born under a particular month more choices—and more power!
Each month has at least two birthstones: a traditional birthstone and an alternative birthstone. Some months even have more than two gemstones associated with them!